By Somali K Chakrabarti
The largest part of what we call ‘personality’ is determined by how we’ve opted to defend ourselves against anxiety and sadness. ~ Alain de Botton
We know that some people have a naturally strong mental built, and there are others who are inclined to worry more.
While each individual, in any capacity, needs to cope with anxiety, but the ability to overcome anxiety is absolutely essential for any leadership role. During prolonged periods of uncertainty, leaders must manage their own anxiety as well as the anxiety of their team.
Anxiety may be due to various reasons ranging from environmental factors, to medical condition, to genetic conditions or substance abuse or due to a combination of these factors.
Each of us would have experienced those moments, when we felt our palpitation going up, a strange churning in the stomach, or sweat on the brow just before an important meeting, or an exam, or before getting a medical report, or on any other occasion.
Whatever be the reason for anxiety, it depletes a person of his/her strength.
- Continued anxiety causes excessive worry.
- You suffer from a victim mentality and believe that nothing ever works for you;
- You are restless most of the time, feel irritable at the slightest provocation.
- Your concentration suffers and sleep is disturbed and as a result you tire yourself out very easily.
Those with an anxious disposition, can blame it on their mental constitution, their genes, their fate or can work upon it.
The choice is yours!
Here are some quotes that tell us how to deal with worry and conquer worry.
1. Train your mind and tackle things that are under your control
You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. ~ Marcus Aurelius
2. The best way to deal with worry is by cultivating a positive attitude
A positive attitude helps us to deal with be happy, peaceful, hopeful and to appreciate the positives in life.
Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure. ~Bob Bitchin
3. Do not fuss over small things
If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it. ~ Anthony J. D’Angel
Spending today complaining about yesterday won’t make tomorrow any better.
What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain. ~ Maya Andelou
4. Thinking about your misery all the time will make you more miserable.
The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
Overthinking ruins friendships and relationships. Overthinking creates problems you never had. Dont overthink, just overflow with good vibes. ~ Supa Nova Slom
5. Keep yourself so occupied that you don’t have the time to feel sorry for yourself.
6. Accept the situation and make the best out of it.
It does not always help to be cynical.
The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. ~ Eckhart Tolle
7. Don’t bother about what others say, do the very best you can.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. ~ Bernard M . Baruch
8. If you expect gratitude in return of your kindness, you may be disappointed
9. Count your blessings, not your troubles.
Count your blessings not your woes, count your friends not your foes.
10. Don’t worry about the past. Do the best you can and put enthusiasm in your work
Live for what tomorrow has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away.
These quotes guide us towards the way to channelize our energies for reducing the impact of stress on our lives.
If you like this post, please consider following the blog.
Please like, share and/or leave feedback in comments below!