By Somali K Chakrabarti
The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe. – Gustave Flaubert
I couldn’t agree more with these words of the influential French writer, Gustave Flaubert.
Since I started blogging consistently, I have discovered that blogging is about Being You. It is about defining yourself and saying what you believe in. The potential of blogging, however, is not limited only to expressing ones thoughts.
Blogging is also a powerful medium to establish ones brand presence.
I am happy to be connected with some extremely talented bloggers, who share their experiences and a wealth of information through their blogs.
One such person is Jatin Adlakha, who describes himself as ‘an IT guy on the loose for newer experiences through travel‘.
I admire the spirit of this young guy, who after taking up a job post his engineering graduation, still sets aside the time to travel and share his experiences. I like to read his travel chronicles that he narrates in a very interesting way, in A Traveller’s Odysseys.
Jatin nominated Scribble and Scrawl for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
A very sweet gesture indeed. Thank you Jatin, though I must confess I have delayed quite a bit in writing this post.
The rules require that I write 7 things about myself. So here I go.
- I do business consulting and conduct management workshops.
- I write about topics centered on the themes of leadership, creativity, inspiration and innovation. I wish to put up an ebook on Behavioral Leadership.
- Seeing historical places, old forts and walking around in open spaces is my idea of a relaxed holiday. I know that might sound horribly boring to many people.
- I like to observe people and know about their culture, and consciously refrain from forming stereotype opinion.
- My child has outgrown me, well at least in height.
I firmly believe that
- Learning is a lifelong journey. One can never learn enough. The day one stops learning one stops evolving.
- Happy is the person whose work gives him/ her something to look forward to everyday.
My turn to nominate 15 bloggers who inspire me and keep the chain going. Here goes the list:
- Scattered Thoughts
- The sea and me
- Reflecting on Life
- Facts and Nonsense
- i Share
- The Explorer of Miracles
- Processing the Life
- Raag Desh
- Window with a View
- Sunshine and Zephyr
- Life and its experiments
I congratulate all of you for your good work and wish you the very best.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. – Benjamin Franklin
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award rules are as follows:
- Display the award on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations
If you like this post, please consider following the blog.
Please like, share and/or leave feedback in comments below!